Mrs. Walrus and Smelly Baby Oysters
Hi there! It’s me – the wifey – guest blogging for Smiling Sugriwa. And nothing is more proper than writing about something he doesn’t have guts to touch… Something dangerous… Something disgusting… Something smelly…Actually, I’m (only) talking about Oyster Mee Swa. It is a very simple dish of soggy-thin-white-mee, swimming happily in this steamy thick brown gravy, topped generously with shredded chicken, 3 pieces of fat juicy oysters, chopped Chinese parsley, fried onions and a spoonful of chili paste. It is one of my comfort food; hot soup with a hint of tangy black vinegar, the distinct smell of parsley, and the spicy chili that compliment the fishy smell from the oysters.
Still, if we are to be stranded in deserted island - three of us: my stubborn hubby, me, and an aunty with her small Oyster Mee Swa stall - I think he’ll prefer to starve himself to death rather than touching the food.
This afternoon, while happily chewing the rubbery creature, the image of Mr. Walrus and the Oysters from Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland just crossed my mind. And I cannot help but thinking that in my previous life, I might have tusks…

Labels: Gastronomy, Spore

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home