Minuman Jaman Esde
I have seen this canned soda in every hawker center. Definitely an apple based drink, since there is Apple word and image smacked in the middle chinese characters. Apple juice mixed with soda. Kinda like German's apfelsaftschorle, which I like. A lot. So on one fine day, I picked up the yellow-colored can and gave it a try. Bwaaza! It didn't taste like apfelsaftschorle. But this taste reminded me of some drinks that I had when I was in primary school. Bottles of colorful drinks sit in the push cart sold by abang in our school's empty yard (which years later became school's parking lot). It costed 50 perak per serve with ice. Lots of variaty to choose, there were orange, apple, grapes, cola, coffee as well as other unknown flavors that came in green, light blue and other non-food kinda colors. You can pick one flavor (or color) but you can mix them too! The wierder the cooler! Kids (including me) were flocking the cart, eager to be the first to be served (off course no queuing). Although probably the coloring agent used was textile coloring agent and the ice was made from uncooked water. Definitely unhygienic. But we didn't care. I didn't care. I remember we were sipping the colored drink from the plastic straw in the hot day after school, comparing the color with friends, walking home happily and will do the same thing again tomorrow. Shh... Kinda missed those days.
Anyway back to this apple drink. This thing is not recommended, unless you feel like to taste your childhood's favorite treat...
Labels: Gastronomy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home