Yong Tau Fu with Special Sauce
This time it didn't have pork in it. At least as far as I know. It is a yong tau fu, but with special made sauce. Don't ask me what is in that sauce, cos I don't know. And since this sauce that makes it special so the owner is keeping the recipe locked in secret vault somewhere. What I can tell from this dark-colored-sauce-springkled-with-sesame-seeds that it tastes a bit sweet. The place that I went is called Orchad Yong Tau Fu. They have 2 outlets, the main outlet is in Koek Rd. I think that's why they use the name Orchad.
Oh, btw for peeps who don't know what yong tau fu is, YTF is quite similar with baso loncat. YTFs are actually fish paste stuffed into items like smooth tofu, ladies fingers, fried tofu, chillies or sliced brinjals (egg plant). You can also find them wrapped in thin soya skin (dumpling) which are then served in a soup or fried. Other than those, the stall also serves veggie, boiled eggs, and variety of balls (I mean fish balls, crab balls, meat balls). Usually it comes with either beehoon, egg noodles or rice. This particular YTF stall also serves non halal ingredients, such as pork intestine, liver... Ha ha! But I didn't ordered those stuffs, so at least the one in the picture is pretty much halal.
Oh, btw for peeps who don't know what yong tau fu is, YTF is quite similar with baso loncat. YTFs are actually fish paste stuffed into items like smooth tofu, ladies fingers, fried tofu, chillies or sliced brinjals (egg plant). You can also find them wrapped in thin soya skin (dumpling) which are then served in a soup or fried. Other than those, the stall also serves veggie, boiled eggs, and variety of balls (I mean fish balls, crab balls, meat balls). Usually it comes with either beehoon, egg noodles or rice. This particular YTF stall also serves non halal ingredients, such as pork intestine, liver... Ha ha! But I didn't ordered those stuffs, so at least the one in the picture is pretty much halal.Labels: Gastronomy, Spore

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home