Celotehan

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Penang for the 2nd time

Yup, couple of weeks a go I went to this place for lunch and I was hooked. Now I went there again, with Gita and couple of friends. We were pretty hungry, so we ordered blacan chicken wings & loh bak (left), mango salad and rojak for appetizer. Blacan chickwn wings are fried chicken wings with blacan, so the wings have that terasi taste. Loh bak, well it is somewhat similar with ngohiang: pork minced (plus the fat and other juicy part from pork). Rojak is like rujak buah, but with additional prawn paste in the dip.
For the main course, I have picked Curry Kapitan. Turned out it was a chicken curry with diced potato. The curry sauce was definitely similar with Indonesian rendang, a-thick-dark-brown. And it was spicy hot! Puff! It was great. Then for dessert (yes, we still have room for dessert!) we had bubur hitam (which is bubur ketan hitam) and cold peanut paste with sago. We came out there with full stomach and happy smile on our faces.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home